Sunday, November 16, 2008

Laundry mats are never pleasant thoughts

I don't frequent the laundry mat often, I usually try to go to a friends, my aunts, home or somewhere generally safe and familiar. But tonight I did and this is my story.

First thing I see when I walk in, is someone getting a hair cut. Yes, they had set up shop and were cutting hair. I mean, I drink my coffee in the shower, but this takes multi-tasking to a whole other level.

Second was a small child, most likely possessed. I would guess him about 4 years old. Running around like a mad man (which is not unusual for a person of his age) and was wearing his jacket like a cape... Again, age appropriate. But what I found disturbing was what I got when I started to talk to him. I said, "Is that a cape?" no verbal reply, just growling, impressive werewolf-like growling. And then he took off, shooting at me with his imaginary gun. So when he got back around to where I was I asked, "Are you a superhero or a villain?"And he replied, "I am the joker" as he simultaneously pulled a pencil out of his pocket and held it up proudly, without missing a beat he said "and i kill people". I was standing there waiting for him to ask me if I wanted to see him make the pencil disappear (If you have saw The Dark Knight you understand).

I know I am a scared-y cat when it comes to scary movies, the dark, and spooky halloween costumes and many other silly things... but a 4 year old?! Really?

1 comment:

Foster Kittens said...

Somewhat age appropriate yet unappropriate. I absolutely do not like it when kids pretend to shoot me.